MDL is a world leader in laser measurement technology and positioning and navigation systems, manufacturing eye-safe laser based measurement systems. The company was established in 1983 and in July 2013 transferred its business and staff to Renishaw plc, which is one of the UK's most successful and progressive engineering companies and is itself a world leading metrology company.
Renishaw provides a wide range of employment opportunities, both in MDL and in other parts of the Renishaw group.
If you want to make a difference in a global company that encourages innovation and personal achievement, then get in touch with us at email@example.com
Electronics Design Engineer
Renishaw (MDL) is recruiting for the role of Electronic Design Engineer to work within the product design/development group at our York site. The role will encompass all aspects of the design phase from initial concept through to finished product.
- Electronics engineering input into concept design and development
- Design of electronic circuits for our laser range finders and systems, to include prototype build, test and data analysis to prove out design
- Integration of electronics within the product in conjunction with the optics and mechanical designers
All applicants are required to have the following:
- Educated to degree level in Electronics Engineering
- Previous experience in product development
- Familiarity with high speed digital/analogue design and data processing
- In depth understanding of embedded systems firmware, FPGAs and VHDL
- Knowledge of schematic capture
Although not essential it would be desirable if applicants have some knowledge of the following:
- Design for EMC
- Firmware development
- PCB layout
- Basic knowledge of surveying
Opportunities for career development and training:
Opportunities exist for training (either in house or at third party locations) as appropriate.
The successful applicant will be a reliable, motivated and organised team player, with innovative problem solving skills. Attention to detail, along with creativity, will be an important aspect of the job. Good record keeping, presentation and communication skills are also essential.
For any correspondence in relation to this role, please quote the reference ML7528. Thank you.
MDL, part of Renishaw plc is recruiting for the role of Marcomms Co-ordinator to work within the group marketing team at our York site. The main purpose of the role is to produce and manage the marketing collateral to support the global sales teams through the maintenance of our website, brochures and other promotional materials.
- To produce marketing literature in house, working with marketing, sales and R&D teams to ensure that it is factual and informative
- To keep the website up to date with current content and imagery and improve it based on feedback including website analytics
- To produce and edit promotional video's
- Liaise with other departments to find news worthy stories, develop these and distribute to the relevant media in relevant formats to generate interest
- Develop and implement e-marketing campaigns with relevant target audiences
- Use CRM system (Salesforce) to manage marketing campaigns
- To research and produce competitor activity and analysis
- To assist in the planning and execution of exhibitions
- Management of channel partner marketing support site
- A relevant degree or similar qualification in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of two years marketing experience with technically based products and or in a B2B environment
- Highly proficient PC skills, including spreadsheet and DTP (preferably Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, illustrator)
- Experience with CRM (ideally Salesforce) and preferably also with CMS
- The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and persistence in dealing with a wide range of contacts both within the company and externally
- A high level of consistency, accuracy and compliance with guidelines is essential
- Candidates will be expected to be able to be creative and contribute to the overall content generation of the marketing team
- An awareness of both technical and commercial issues an advantage